Think about it, your ceremony is going to set the tone for the rest of your day. How do you get married if you don’t have a wedding officiant? How much did you pay the DJ, caterer, venue, photographer and other wedding expenses? It isn’t comparable, is it? Your wedding officiant is extremely important. Stop and think about it. Your ceremony is the most meaningful and memorable part of your day. I encourage you to call a few officiants and check out their Reviews. Meet with them or chat a while on the telephone. See if this person fits well with your personalities. You will know if this is his/her passion, I know it is mine, I feel it every single time. It takes a compassionate person to officiate a lovely wedding ceremony. Be happy!
At least one year ahead of time. A professional, experienced, and compassionate wedding officiant will be booked way in advance. In Louisiana, our services are extremely lower than up north. It’s a bargain, so don’t think that we are expensive. Yes, “you get what you pay for.
1. We create a personal file on the couple and write for hours to create your ceremony.
2. We get to know you personally by an initial consult at your request if you prefer. If not, then phone.
3. Provide a questionnaire in order to write the rough draft of your ceremony.
4. Accessible by phone, email, Face Time, Skype, or text at any time.
5. Provide you a keepsake folder.
6. Arrive at your venue approximately 30 minutes prior to your ceremony.
7. Meet with photographer, DJ, or musicians to coordinate or answer any questions.
8. Sign the marriage license appropriately and accurately filing on time.
9. Perform your ceremony with compassion because we love what we do.
I will if you’d prefer but here is a thought and a way to save money. Think about it. Your officiant is at your wedding to perform the ceremony with professionalism and compassion. When I first started going to Rehearsals I found myself doing nothing but standing where the couple plans to marry and either walk out with the groom or before the groom. That’s it! Why go to the Rehearsal? It’s your call. But it’s only fair to charge an extra fee because it’s another appointment time, fuel and expenses.
I can recommend another professional wedding officiant available whether you’re getting married in New Orleans, Baton Rouge or anywhere in Louisiana, that I am able to ask in the event you would still like to book with Magnolia Ceremonies. If I’m booked officiating on your special day, I can still create your ceremony and work closely with you and another wedding officiant may be available for your wedding day. (See below.) Be confident in choosing your wedding officiant!
As you are walking down the aisle, and looking into his eyes, seize the moment. It’s the heart of your day!
Professional Wedding Officiant, Reverend Ruthann Kerr with 11-years experience.
“Participating in a very special day in someone’s life, that day when they start a chain of memorable moments together is such a special feeling.”